Established in 1999, as a center of excellence in Information Technology and allied areas. Institute was conferred the Deemed University status by Govt. of India in the year 2000.
With an enduring dedication to the pursuit of excellence, IIIT-A offers unparalleled students experiences across a broad spectrum of academic environment.
IIIT-A's administrative office deals with the diverse range of issues including human resource, financial activities, research administration and student affairs.
The range of research activities at IIIT-A is broad and deep. IIIT-A scholars conduct in research in variety of fields and seek to expand human knowledge through innovation and insight.
Our students have been selected on an all India basis and are the top 0.5% of the nation's talent pool. The students are mosaic of innovation, brilliance and sincerity with a zeal for making their mark in the world.
Living and learning are intimately interwined at IIIT-A. Extra-curricular programmes, organizations, performances, forums and athletics beckon students, faculty and staff as well as neighbours from the communities around us.
The Indian Institute of Information Technology Allahabad (IIIT-A) was established in 1999, as a center of excellence in Information Technology and allied areas. The institute was conferred the "Deemed University" status by Govt. of India in the year 2000.
The Institute has been conceived with the ambitious objectives of developing professional expertise and skilled manpower in Information Technology (IT) and related areas.As an apex nucleating institute in the area of IT, the establishment of IIIT-A, is a major step of Govt. of India towards strengthening the indigenous capability necessary for exploiting profitably and harnessing multi-dimensional facets of IT at all levels, and attaining expertise to enable the country to emerge as a leading player in the global arena
The beautiful 100 acre campus, situated at Deoghat, Jhalwa, designed meticulously on the Penrose Geometry pattern, is being further topped by fine landscaping to give an all round soothing effect to create a stimulating environment.
The campus is envisaged to be a fully residential one, with all its faculty, staff and students housed in different pockets. All academic and residential areas are connected to the Institute network.
1. A modular course design, along with several opportunities for industry training, gives students the freedom to tailor their learning experience.
2. The grading system is broadly based on the pattern of other IITs.
3. With regular sporting, cultural and other extracurricular activities an IIITian has opportunities to develop multiple facts of his personality and achieve excellence in varied fields.
1. Construction Industry Development Council (CIDC)
2. Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), Mumbai
3. Artificial Limb Manufacturing Corporation (ALIMCO), Kanpur, Govt. ofIndia
4. FORTIS Hospiral, Noida, Uttar Pradesh
5. Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO), Bangalore
6. Zensar Technologies Ltd., Pune
7. Indian Oil Corporation, Faridabad